Volunteer application process
We value all our volunteers and the work they do to help our schools. For the safety of all students, we require potential volunteers who will work at any campus receive a background check by the Department of Public Safety (DPS), which is done through our online application.
How to apply to volunteer
Please remember to complete a new application for every school year. Your application must be filled out at least 72 hours or more before volunteering or you will not be able to volunteer. To apply:
- Get a valid photo ID and make a digital copy
- Read Application tips and Name guidelines
- Complete the online application in either English or Spanish. Be sure to upload a copy of your valid driver’s license or other government-issued identification (see below for accepted forms of identification). This allows your application to be processed.
- The system will complete a criminal background check.
- You will receive two emails:
- one when your application has been received
- within 72 hours notifying you if your application has been approved or denied
If you did not apply to volunteer the year before or are a new volunteer, you must sign in at a campus and provide them with an official government photo ID at the front office and have your picture taken. You may do this on the day you plan to volunteer.
- provide a valid email address
- apply at least 72 hours before the activity you want to take part in
- make a digital copy of a valid, government-issued identification (do not use a selfie)
- enter your full legal name as it appears on an ID
- enter your day of birth correctly
- do not use all caps when completing your application (case sensitive)
- fully fill out the application with complete records and information
- do not shorten your name (ex. if your name is Jonathan, do not use John)
- do not use special characters such as “é”, “( )”
- do not use accents in your name, such as À or ã
- do not use all caps (ex. John Doe, not JOHN DOE)
- if you have a hyphenated last name, use a space between your two last names with no hyphen or do not use any spaces between your two last names and the hyphen (ex. Mary Poppins Piper or Mary Poppins-Piper)
Accepted forms of identification
You may use any of the following forms of photo identification:
- A valid, current driver license issued by any state or US territory.
- A valid, current identification card issued the state of Texas with photo.
- A valid, current passport issued by the United States.
- A valid, current military ID card.
- A valid, current Resident Alien Card issued by the United States government.
- A valid, current Alien Registration Card (Visa, Permanent Resident, Employment Authorization Card) issued by the United States Government.
- Any other official photo identification card, which includes the person’s full name and date of birth, issued by another country (e.g., Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad (MCAS)).