Services for employees
See below for information from departments and programs that offer services for staff.
Critical district information, such as emergency school closings and districtwide crisis communication, is generated through GISD Communications. For the most reliable updates, check the following district information channels:
GISD website – www.garlandisd.net
Twitter – @gisdnews
GRS-TV – channels 98 and 99 on Spectrum Cable, and channels 42 and 43 on Frontier Communications
Skylert – telephone notification system
Curriculum & Instruction's Grant Support assists GISD personnel in obtaining external funding for educational programs that prepare our students for academic success.
To find out more, visit the Grant Support page.
In addition, the Garland ISD Education Foundation receives donations from a variety of businesses and individuals and uses the donations to provide grants for classroom learning projects, field trips, classroom supplies and equipment, student and teacher scholarships, and school programs that benefit student needs.
An extensive collection of resources is available for teachers and staff.
- Professional Books/Book Studies
- E Books
- Audio Books
- Novel Sets
- Big Books
- Book binder
- Departmental Collections - Music
- Large Print
Hours of operations and contact information
Monday – Thursday
7:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
7:15 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Shugart Professional Development Center
870 W. Buckingham
Garland, TX 75040
We have staff working around the clock to maintain our buildings and grounds. Our team of carpenters, electricians, HVAC mechanics, painters and plumbers work together to make sure that our facilities provide a safe, attractive and efficient environment for everyone.
Report a maintenance issue during school hours
To submit a maintenance work order, contact:
To report a gas leak, contact:
To report a power outage, contact:
For custodial concerns or issues, contact:
For environmental concerns or issues, contact:
Reporting maintenance issues after school hours
To let the maintenance team know about issues after hours and during the weekend, contact:
24-hour Security Dispatch
GISD Communications serves as primary contact for media inquiries and manages the district’s social media presence. Inquiries and requests can be emailed to Tiffany Veno, director of communications.
Project GOAL is the district's beginning teacher mentoring program that helps teachers with less than a year of experience build a foundation for success. Find out more on the Project GOAL page.
We are committed to keeping GISD families, employees and community members informed by sharing good news, accomplishments and upcoming events.
Have a story idea? Please use this form to submit stories, story ideas and pictures.
GISD Printing Services provides fast, affordable, professional-quality printing to district schools and departments. Full print and bindery service is available. They also manage mail delivery throughout the district.
Printing Services also provides additional services such as signage, t-shirts, banners, and promotional items. See the list of services below for more information
Contact Print Services for all your design and printing needs.
Requesting our services
Find information, rules, guidelines and forms to follow when requesting our services below.
Printing Services/Copy Center
- A Print Shop Order Request (GP-150) should accompany every job. Attaching a previous sample of the material to be printed is another way to ensure accuracy. Please email the completed GP-150 Print Request Form to GISD Print Shop Orders.
- Once Printing Services receives the Request Form, the job will be quoted and the customer will receive an email with quoted price. This quote must be signed and returned before any printing can begin.
- A Print Shop Order Request followed by the design for the T-Shirt to start the process.
- A quote will be emailed to the individual requesting the shirts. It must be signed and returned before we can move forward with the project.
- Ink and design proofs will be sent out next. This will tell them what type of shirt, the blend and color.
- A sample proof will be emailed. This is a proof of the screen. Once signed and returned printing of the shirts can begin.
List of services
- Copies (color and black/white)
- Design services (2 graphic artists on staff)
- Full color printing (newsletters, high quality booklets, certificates, student planners, and fliers)
- Stickers and labels (die-cut vinyl, parking, bumper, ID labels)
- Banners, posters, wall or window decals (large format paper posters, pull-up banners or vinyl banners with grommets, foam board posters, sticky-back decals)
- Floor and Wall graphics, school branding - window and/or door wraps
- Hard plastic cards (event passes, generic ID Cards, parking hang tags)
- T-shirts (Heat-transfers T-Shirt imprints, silk-screen)
- Event items (tickets, event brochures and programs)
- Binding (numbering, collating, perforating, cutting, scoring, folding, stapling, hole punching and spiral books, shrink wrapping, counting)
- Laminating (fliers, signage)
- Magnets (for vehicles, etc.)
- Multipart forms
- Business cards, letterhead and envelopes
- Foil stamping
- Mailing (envelopes, postcards and addressing)
GISD Communications offers logo and image guidance, as well as marketing support. Contact Communications for more information.
Email and phone support
Technology Help Desk staff are available to answer calls and emails from staff with technology-related questions.
Campus Technology Assistants and Specialists are the first line of support for campus personnel. CTAs and CTSs are on-site at schools to assist teachers and staff with tech support.
Check out the Tech Support intranet page for tips and click-sheets.
Translation and Interpretation Services (TIS) promotes effective communication between GISD and the families we serve.
Translation & Interpretation Services provides professional interpretation and translation services to make sure the District effectively communicates with parents and students in any language at any time.
Points to Remember:
- Translation is when the written word is changed from one language into another language
- Interpretation is when the spoken word is changed from one language into another language
- Only District staff can request translation and/or interpretation services
For more information, contact:
GRS-TV is the district's television production studio that creates promotional and informational videos that spotlight district programs, departments and schools.
Videos produced by GRS-TV can be viewed on cable TV and on YouTube.
GRS-TV can provide the following services to district employees:
- Broadcasting a promotional or informational slide on the cable channels
- Filming an event
- Producing a video to showcase students and staff
- Creating a training or informational video
For more information, contact: